Breaking News

Upstream Color - Movie Review


Cast - Shane Carruth, Casey Gooden, Ben LeClair

Directed by - Shane Carruth

First things first, Upstream Color is a film that is not for masses. If you have watched Primer which was also directed by Shane Carruth then you would know his style and his way of storytelling which is not digestible by everyone and hence, you either end up loving his film or completely hating it. For me both Primer and Upstream Color were a delight to watch and I come under those people who loved and enjoyed this film very much. 

I wouldn't bother going into it's plot summary or anything in detail as it really is a complicated film. To review and talk about it will eventually make me even more confused as I am yet to analyse it completely. Hence, my review may appear somewhat vague but still I will try to tell you something about it. Let's start with the performances, there's something about the cast in a Shane Carruth's film. As you might have noticed in Primer and even here in Upstream Color, the actors here act like they are not in front of a camera and that ends up in giving us one of the most authentic performances onscreen. I love watching these actors who portray there lives so naturally that you forget that you are watching a film. It's just very real and natural. Coming to the cinematography, it is again done by Shane Carruth and let me tell you it's fantastic. The way he captured the emotions and the surroundings and the way he blended all of it in the film was terrific. I seriously enjoyed every frame of this movie even though I have not understood it's major plot points which of course I would understand after multiple viewings and some online digging. Of course it's a Shane Carruth movie so storytelling style is different and brain scratching. But one of the main reasons for this approach is that he believes in his audience, he respects them and believes that they will come back for more and what good is a movie if you just watch it once and forget about it. It is this respect that he gives to his audience is the main reason why I love his movies and also love him as an filmmaker. 

Upstream Color may surely be not for everyone. As I told earlier that you would either love it or just completely hate it. But to all those movie freaks out there like me who would like to hot wire there brains with an incredible film, I would recommend them to watch this film. 

My Rating - 5/5

P.S.- I would also give Primer the same rating as I have given to this film. Also do check out Primer if you haven't. 

Xem thêm các thương hiệu mỹ phẩm locean, mỹ phẩm kosé, nước hoa tommy hilfiger, nước hoa calvin klein, nước hoa christian dior, nước hoa lancôme, mỹ phẩm scien sight, mỹ phẩm laneige, mỹ phẩm la roche-posay, mỹ phẩm ohui, mỹ phẩm sakura, mỹ phẩm vichy, mỹ phẩm shiseido, mỹ phẩm miss fairy, mỹ phẩm luna belle, mỹ phẩm vacci, mỹ phẩm angel madam đang khuyến mãi giá tốt đang giảm giá trên thị trường mỹ phẩm làm đẹp